Associate Technical Director - The Works Entertainment
Full Time Position
Reporting to the Technical Director of the Works Entertainment: Responsible for leading and managing the Technical Department and maintaining safe and consistent show operations for assigned projects. Manage and coordinate daily technical show operations and act as the Production Manager when necessary.
Specific duties include:
- Manage all technical activities and operations on a day-to-day basis in coordination with the Production Manager and Producer and Artistic for assigned shows;
- Liaison with promoter and or partners’ technical departments in connection with show execution;
- Assist the Technical Department with drafting, as required;
- Serve as the direct report for Heads of Department for assigned shows;
- Coordinate the crew schedules, show calls, and show projects;
- Plan and implement load-in – load-out processes and equipment necessary for an efficient city to city transition, including freight coordination, inventory verification, and carnet compliance;
- Coordinate and plan all local resources including labor, required for the smooth install and operation of the show in each city and venue;
- Technical Documentation of all creation and modifications for assigned shows;
- Follow up on budget and reporting in coordination with the Production Manager and Producer; including budget forecasting and expense approval prior to committing resources;
- Evaluate crew performance with the Heads of Department;
- Support the hiring of the technical staff in coordination with the Technical Director;
- Carry out all other duties as assigned by the Technical Director.
Other duties may include:
- Participate in staff meetings;
- Administrative duties as assigned;
- Help organize and participate in training as, assigned.