Are you ready for a big leap? The last few months have been a real series of acrobatics and contortions for the entire entertainment industry. At Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group, we remain ambitious and passionate about our work, and we always know how to get back on our feet. Our brand is alive and well today, and we look forward to bringing our shows back to our audiences with new health and safety measures, ensuring the well-being of our employees and fans.
Our hearts are pounding at the thought of reopening our theatres and big tops across the world and we are excited for the future of our company!
We are looking for a Lighting Technician, reporting to the Lighting Manager. As Lighting Technician, your tasks will include to run follow spot/deck cue tracks, maintain cue track documentation, inspect and maintain lighting equipment, as well as support the show needs during rehearsals and performances.
The Lighting Technician will:
- Run follow spot /deck cue tracks, as directed for performances, artist training, and special events;
- Maintain cue track documentation and participate in cue track rotation, as directed;
- Inspect and maintain lighting equipment, as well as update maintenance and inspection records, as directed;
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times, by adhering to all established safety policies and procedures; participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure trainings;
- Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsal/training, maintenance and evening show performances;
- Preserve the on-going; long-term “opening night” quality, the lighting designer’s vision, and the artistic integrity of the production according to the needs of artistic, technical and company management;
- Work closely with the Department Supervisor in supporting the shows needs during rehearsals and performances;
- Ensure equipment and supplies are stocked in sufficient quantity to ensure the on-going needs of the production;
- Under the direction of the Department Supervisor and technical management, ensure lighting department documentation is current and formally recorded to preserve the original intention of the designers, and utilize maintenance databases and other provided software tools to track all preventative and reactive maintenance routines, as well as any other information pertinent to the security of the show’s run;
- Maintain a safe working environment, by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures;
- Participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure trainings;
- Observe safe wiring practices and maintain equipment, in accordance with industry standards for safe operations;
- Participate in special projects, including the installation of new lighting show elements;
- Develop a thorough knowledge of Lighting Department equipment specific to the production, in order to operate it safely;
- Demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure, be self-motivated and provide a positive work environment both inside the department and theatre-wide;
- Assist with the cross-training program to backup console operators and moving light repair technicians;
- Learn and run other pertinent show tracks to ensure the safe and continued operation of the show, as required by the Department Supervisor and Technical Management;
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- At least 2 years of previous experience as a professional Lighting Technician or equivalent training;
- Working knowledge of digital test equipment for troubleshooting and repairs;
- Comprehension of basic principles of AC/DC electricity, basic electronics, and computer operations, as it pertains to lighting systems;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Professional appearance and demeanor;
- 10-hour OSHA course completion card required;
- Experience with Autocad preferred;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin or ancestry.