Audio Technician - KÀ
NOTE #1 - This position is classified under the Hotel/Casino structure for payroll and health & welfare benefits. If you are considered for a position, you will be required to participate in all of the Hotel/Casino selection processes including a background security check and drug/alcohol testing.
NOTE #2 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Reporting to the Department Supervisor, you will be required to:
· Run audio department cue tracks and operate and troubleshoot audio, RF, video, and communications equipment as directed for performances, artist training, and maintenance;
· Inspect and maintain audio, RF, video, and communications equipment; update maintenance and inspection records as directed;
· Maintain cue track documentation and participate in cue track rotation as directed;
· Maintain show audio archives;
· Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsal/training, maintenance and evening show performances;
· Assist other departments as needed to run the performances and rehearsals;
· Develop a thorough knowledge of all audio department equipment specific to the production in order to operate equipment safely;
· Participate in special projects, including the installation of new audio show elements;
· Work with the Department Supervisor and artistic and stage management staff to support their needs during rehearsals, trainings and performances;
· Ensure all departmental designs, equipment, systems, functions, procedures, show tracks, maintenance and inspections logs, special projects, etc are properly and adequately documented;
· Work with the Department Supervisor to establish and maintain training and backup plans to ensure continuity of performance operations of the department in the event of unexpected failure of a system, component or piece of equipment;
· Assist in the development and implementation of preventative maintenance routines and inspections – particularly life safety and show critical; ensure that these routines and inspections are appropriately documented;
· Adhere to and promote all Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations as they pertain to the safe operation of all elements related to the show; participate in all required health and safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training;
· Perform other tasks and projects assigned by the Department Supervisor.
You should have the following qualifications:
· High School Diploma or GED required;
· At least 2 years of experience as a professional Audio Technician;
· Fluency in English, French is an asset;
· Working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel and Outlook;
· Experience with audio equipment troubleshooting and repair;
· Proficiency in operating audio, RF, video, and communications equipment; electronics training and audio equipment repair skills an asset;
· In depth knowledge of leading-edge sound technology;
· Operational knowledge of computer networking protocols and hardware interconnection;
· Operational knowledge of computer based real time analysis audio system.
It would be preferred if you also have:
· Experience in LCS Cue Station programming and AutoCAD
· Knowledge of OSHA