Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
Your responsibilities will entail:
- Coordinate the management of general and specialized site purchases and rentals for all tour departments and manage their timely delivery;
- Plan, research and supervise the rentals and purchases associated with show transfers and site construction; In collaboration with the IHQ Procurement Department, research suppliers and negotiate prices and terms for equipment and supplies, in accordance with tour needs;
- Ensure that purchases and rentals are in line with procurement processes and previously negotiated corporate agreements;
- Handle purchase orders and make any necessary purchase order changes as well as returns to suppliers;
- Prepare on-site shipments in accordance with company’s procedures;
- Plan the runners’ schedule; Maintain required information logs related to suppliers, and city- and territory-specific operations;
- Be responsible for establishing corporate accounts with suppliers; Work jointly with other tour departments and perform any other tasks assigned by the Production Manager, as required.
- Complete relevant sections of city reports and any other follow-up reports;
- Carry out general administrative tasks such as ad hoc reporting, filing, copying, shipping, etc.;
- Actively participate in set-up and tear down operations and assist colleagues in their transfer responsibilities.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- Certificate in administration or a related field (e.g. supply management);
- One to two years’ general experience in a touring environment an asset;
- Experience working in the entertainment industry an asset;
- Proven experience in negotiation with suppliers;
- Strong administrative skills;
- Ability to work in ambiguous, urgent situations;
- Proven communication and teamwork skills essential;
- Strong organizational, analytical and multitasking skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications in a Windows environment;
- Solid SAP experience;
- Experience in travelling, working and living abroad;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Fluency in English; be at ease to operate within the international environment of Cirque du Soleil;
- Availability to tour internationally full-time and to work in foreign countries.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- Expand and reinvent ways of doing things;