ASSISTANT HEAD OF SOUND (BigTop)
Are you ready for a big leap?
The last few months have been a real series of acrobatics and contortions for Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group. But we are ambitious and passionate about our work, and we always know how to get back on our feet, even after superhuman somersaults.
Our hearts are still pounding at the thought of rebuilding our company and dreaming of its wonderful future. Do you have the audacity we need to take up the challenge? By joining us, you'll be working in uncharted territory, but where you can make a real difference.
Reporting to the Technical Director and working under the supervision of the Head of Sound, you will be a highly motivated individual who is inspired and keen to contribute to and improve the show quality & technical operations of the show.
· Maintain the artistic integrity of the sound design in the absence of the Head of Sound;
· Manage the backstage sound equipment;
· Take care of technical modifications, repairs, inspections and installations of all sound equipment;
· Assist the Head of Sound with tasks related to the coordination and administration of the department;
· Maintain and update the show sound records, maintenance log, systems updates and sound archives;
· Work as a sound technician for the show during performances and rehearsals;
· Act as a backup sound console operator during performances and rehearsals;
· Ensure that sound equipment is set up properly and consistently with the show concept;
· Assist in conducting research, ordering and purchasing new and/or replacement sound equipment;
· Ensure safety and security of sound installations at all times;
· Perform maintenance on sound equipment;
· Assist with the maintenance, repair and modification of sound equipment;
· Supervise all specialized personnel hired to work with the sound crew on setup and tear-down;
· Supervise and train the backup sound technicians;
· Adhere to standards and regulations pertaining to the safety of sound equipment and adhere to safe working methods;
· Assist in updating sound archives, inventory, technical documentation and customs documentation;
· Collaborate with International Headquarters (IHQ) on any technical issue in the absence of the Head of Department;
· Participate in Set-Up and Tear-Down;
· Work in close collaboration with the bandleader and band members;
· Follow and support the equipment and inventory management procedures and requirements as required by Cirque du Soleil;
· Utilize the tools and procedures provided by IHQ (International Head Quarters) to maintain inventory and equipment data.
· Follow the requirements detailed for customs and logistics with regards to the transport of material with touring productions;
· Perform any other tasks requested by the Technical Director or Head of Sound.
· College diploma (or equivalent) in live entertainment, theatre production, sound technology or electronics (or equivalent work experience);
· A minimum of four years' experience as a sound technician, with two to three years' experience with wireless sound technology;
· Technical knowledge of sound equipment;
· Good general understanding of all technical aspects of a show is an asset;
· Personnel management experience;
· Knowledge of Microsoft applications in a Windows environment;
· Flexible, autonomous and team-spirited;
· Good communication skills;
· Able to handle contingencies and work well under pressure;
· Able to work at heights (climbing abilities is an asset);
· Fluency in spoken and written English is essential; any additional language spoken and/or written is an asset;
· Available to travel in foreign countries 100% of the time.