Senior Designer – Resident Shows Division
Are you ready for a big leap?
The last few months have been a real series of acrobatics and contortions for Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group. But we are ambitious and passionate about our work, and we always know how to get back on our feet, even after superhuman somersaults.
Our hearts are still pounding at the thought of rebuilding our company and dreaming of its wonderful future. Do you have the audacity we need to take up the challenge? By joining us, you'll be working in uncharted territory, but where you can make a real difference. Hold your breath and dive into the action: you are about to live an extraordinary experience!
The Senior Designer will manage the RSD Graphics Team of internal and external Designers to support the Marketing department through development of visual collateral, creative assets and printed, digital, audio and video advertising applications for all Cirque Resident Shows, including Blue Man Group. This position is responsible for providing creative services for both routine and special requests, for both external and internal agencies. The Senior Designer will also assist the Marketing Team by facilitating meetings, studio time and creative collaboration sessions, while creating supportive assets for promotions, advertising placements and audio/video guidance. Another main duty will be implementing development processes to assure all job requests are serviced in a timely manner. The main responsibility will be for the traffic and production of all printed, web and audiovisual materials, the delivery and logistics of all marketing materials, while adhering to design standards.
The five key elements to Senior Designer position are:
· Managing all internal and external support designers.
· Providing creative development and production services to the marketing, PR and Sales team at RSD.
· Maintaining brand and graphic standards for all RSD and BMG shows.
· Providing project support and management from start to finish on all design and production projects.
· Coordinating the printing, installation, or media agency creative needs for market implementation.
The Senior Designer will:
· Provide creative and development services to the marketing team.
· Manage internal and external graphic designers to create and enhance the current creative campaigns for all Cirque and Blue Man Resident shows through the various executions of all marketing deliverables.
· Develop and manage formal creative processes inclusive of the creative pitch for new marketing campaigns.
· Manage the production schedules for all advertising and printed materials in cooperation with the marketing, brand team and internal/external graphic designers.
· Search, negotiate and select print suppliers.
· As directed by management, provide general typesetting services, existing adjustments to creative and production correspondence.
· Work with partners, agencies and vendors to facilitate project progress.
· Provide project support and management from start-to-finish.
· Video – Reserve studio time if necessary, provide creative direction (as described by management) to outsourced producers, coordinate and deliver to project leads.
· Print – Provide format adjustment, typesetting services, layout design, and asset modification upon request. Work with external media groups and agencies to assure proper formatting, output file types and dimension constraints.
· Digital/Social Web – Provide general and creative development services for digital advertising placements as necessary. Basic HTML, .gif, and .jpg files will be supported with files size constraints considered. Work with outsourced agencies to assure proper file formats and quality of deliverables.
· Audio – Provide creative guidance and recommendations to management for audio development when necessary. Reserve studio time when needed and monitor final output for proper adherence to file constraints and compression.
· HTML/Web – Provide support and development services for basic HTML/Web page development.
· Observe and maintain company graphics standards with regards to all company logos, images and visuals.
· Maintain photographic material and coordinate the development of new photos.
· Archive all print materials, audiovisual materials and photographic materials.
· Manage the brands and graphic standards for all RSD marketing collateral to include addressing production and graphic issues, press checks, and remediation with vendors.
· Establish a common working project scope for large scale re-branding campaigns with the Montreal Creative Studio team.
· Work in collaboration with the Montreal Studio on potential communication tools to better communicate between studios.
· Involvement in local/national awards shows, festivals and conferences, training classes for potential collaborations between studio teams.
· Propose project plans to accomplish desired outcome and advise project leads on development timelines.
· Coordinate the internal approval process of print materials.
· Guide the approval of all marketing, advertising and collateral materials produced by RSD partners, vendors and agencies.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Previous leadership experience with the ability to lead a team of Designers.
· Strong understanding of the following: Design software such as Adobe Creative Suite products.
· Preferred knowledge of HTML development software, all MS Office programs including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
· Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods.
· Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
· Ability to create and maintain relationships both internally and externally and promote and encourage a positive and productive work environment.
· Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor with the ability to multi-task (time management).
· Ability to fit well in a dynamic and changing work environment needs for market implementation.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin or ancestry.