IT Business Analyst
Temporary position - 8 months
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
As an ambassador of the Office of the Vice-President, IT, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining and growing the business relationship between your assigned business units and IT Services. You will assess processes and business needs. You will ensure the certification of delivered solutions, which includes guiding clients at the approval stage.
In a dynamic environment that requires a great deal of autonomy, you will support your colleagues, especially the Business Solutions Delivery Director.
You will be known for:
- Understanding your clients’ business and organizational needs to provide them with proactive, value-added support;
- Analyzing and modelling business processes. Conducting work sessions to ensure that the client's business processes are understood, disseminated and documented;
- Disseminating business, operational and functional requirements to the delivery teams;
- Validating, distinguishing (operational or other need) and helping prioritize project and/or growth requests to take them over or assign them to the right people (as needed);
- Identifying stakeholders, analyzing and measuring the impact (including the benefits) of implementing changes or not, and identifying the risks and issues;
- Documenting all business needs to draw up a preliminary list of deliverables;
- Helping estimate the scope of requests in terms of cost and effort;
- Overseeing the development and following up on the IT service provider’s activities;
- Ensuring that proposed solutions are relevant to and aligned with users’ business needs and quality assurance criteria prior to delivery, in conjunction with the Solution Architect;
- Taking part in planning the solutions’ deployment and the change management strategy, in conjunction with stakeholders;
- Supporting users during the implementation and post-implementation processes;
- Ensuring that users are satisfied with the IT services offered.
We want to meet you if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, information management systems, computer science or any other related field;
- At least eight years' experience in a consulting role with business units with a view to linking business needs with IT solutions;
- Experience as a business analyst on major IT projects;
- Bilingualism (English and French);
- Proficiency with business process documentation techniques;
- Business skills: A proven understanding of business and organizational issues;
- The ability to produce feasibility studies, impact analyses, effort and deployment levels, etc;
- An understanding of management fundamentals, as well as its related techniques and processes (e.g., cost analysis, decision analysis, negotiating skills);
- Effective communicator: Considerable listening skills and a knack for communicating your ideas;
- The ability to mobilize a team (work team and/or direct subordinates);
- Agent of change: Accepts and fosters change.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Host meetings with a bird’s eye view on artists in training;
- Expand and reinvent ways of doing things;
- Work within our business casual environment.