Are you ready for a big leap?
The last few months have been a real series of acrobatics and contortions for Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group. But we are ambitious and passionate about our work, and we always know how to get back on our feet, even after superhuman somersaults.
Our hearts are still pounding at the thought of rebuilding our company and dreaming of its wonderful future. Do you have the audacity we need to take up the challenge? By joining us, you'll be working in uncharted territory, but where you can make a real difference. Hold your breath and dive into the action: you are about to live an extraordinary experience!
Reporting into the Director of Production Services – Resident Show Division, your main objective will be to work with the Production Services Department on New Projects using SOLIDWORKS, ACAD and maintain the files in the Enterprise Data Management.
The Draftsperson will:
· Act as a Subject Matter Expert to assist Team Members with proper CDS drafting protocol and applications;
· Create and maintain technical and process documents for Production Services supported applications (Solidworks, AutoCad, Vectorworks Spotlight, VCarve);
· Work closely with the Advisors and Project Managers for all the research and analysis pertaining to the construction and transfer of mobile infrastructures for tours (acquisition and/or modification);
· Create and draft technical drawings of mobile tour infrastructures using sketches, engineering calculations, technical data sheets and other data;
· Work closely with Creative and Production teams to interpret and render design drawings of scenic, 3D and 2D elements into practical construction drawings and blueprints for fabrication;
· Maintain knowledge or familiarity to convert Wire frame, Blender and other design programs into CAD and VCarve files for transfer to CNC machine for prototyping and fabrication of character heads, hands and feet along with other 3D props for new show development processes;
· Draw the plans, in two and three dimensions, for building or modifying mobile infrastructures;
· File and archive graphic information for construction projects;
· Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred;
· Ability to demonstrate knowledge of AutoCAD and SolidWorks, whether through formal teachings, or self-taught;
· At least three to five years of previous experience in 2D and 3D CAD design;
· Previous experience in the fields of Information Technologies, Application Support, Training, Technical Entertainment, Scenic construction and fabrication, or a combination of all;
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office, especially Excel;
· Working knowledge of a Product Data Management system (preferably SolidWorks EPDM);
· Previous experience with both structural and mechanical drawings and assemblies;
· Previous experience with files using xrefs (external references parts) and embedded parts;
· Ability to communicate in English, both, written and verbally; knowledge of French is an asset.
· Proven success working in a team and independently;
· Strong ability to concentrate with attention to detail;
· Capacity for synthesizing;
· Self-sufficiency and flexibility;
· Good communication skills and team spirit;
· Available for varying work environment and locations.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin or ancestry.