Cirque du Soleil and The Estate of Michael Jackson announce Michael Jackson ONE
Presale Window Starts February 22
for Cirque Club Members, MichaelJackson.com Subscribers and
Members of MGM Resorts’ M life Program
General On sale Begins March 7
Las Vegas, February 21, 2013 – The Estate of Michael Jackson and Cirque du Soleil today unveiled that Michael Jackson ONE™ will open and take residency exclusively at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino this summer. Directed by Jamie King, Michael Jackson ONE will start its preview performances on May 23, 2013 and have its official premiere on June 29, 2013. This entirely new show is the second creative project to be developed between Cirque du Soleil and The Estate of Michael Jackson after the top grossing Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour, currently playing arenas in Europe as it travels the world.
Michael Jackson ONE is a state-of-the-art visual and audio experience creating a theatrical evocation of Michael’s creative genius. Guided and inspired by his music, four misfits set out on a transformative adventure. By journey's end, they will personify Michael's agility, courage, playfulness and love.
Michael Jackson believed that all people are unique and equal, regardless of race or culture. His message was one of unity, harmony and hope for a better world. At once evocative and enigmatic, the name Michael Jackson ONE also presents a paradox: Michael was a multifaceted artist who strove to fuse together various musical styles and art forms. It is a fitting title for a unifying journey into the world of the King of Pop, the genius, the visionary, the One.
“This is our second project with the Estate of Michael Jackson which confirms how stimulating this creative partnership was meant to be,” said Daniel Lamarre, President and CEO of Cirque du Soleil. “Michael Jackson is an all-time phenomenal artist, both timeless and contemporary. As a creative challenge, this project is the ultimate. Through the use of cutting-edge technology, we will produce a new Cirque du Soleil theatrical experience not only respectful of Michael’s legacy but also very distinctive from Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour.”
“We are guided by Michael’s own philosophy in all that we do. In preparing for this production, Michael’s message to the cast and crew for his This Is It concerts was foremost in our minds. He counseled them on what the audience experience should be: ‘They want wonderful experiences. We want to take them places that they’ve never been before. We want to show them talent like they’ve never seen before. We’re putting love back into the world to remind the world that love is important. WE’RE ALL ONE. That is the message. ’ We feel the same, and that is what we are delivering both to lifelong fans and those just discovering his artistic genius with Michael Jackson ONE,” stated John Branca and John McClain, Co-Executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson.
Chuck Bowling, Mandalay Bay’s president and COO, said, “The partnership with Cirque du Soleil and The Estate of Michael Jackson represents an extraordinary moment for Mandalay Bay. We are in the midst of a major transformation at this resort, introducing a new set of experiences for our guests. Michael Jackson ONE is truly the crown jewel in that transformation and we cannot wait to share this very special production with the world.”
Along with Jamie King—who started his career as a dancer on Michael’s Dangerous World Tour and also directed the arena touring show Michael Jackson The ImmortalWorld Tour by Cirque du Soleil—, Michael Jackson ONE will bring together the creative minds behind the Michael Jackson Estate, John Branca and John McClain, and the diverse talents of the following creators (creators’ bios are available on Cirque du Soleil’s press room:
- Guy Laliberté – Creative Guide
- Jean-François Bouchard – CEO, Creative Content
- Jamie King – Writer and Director
- Welby Altidor – Director of Creation
- Carla Kama – Associate Director
- Kevin Antunes – Musical Director
- François Séguin – Set and Props Designer
- Zaldy Goco – Costume Designer
- Michel Lemieux and Victor Pilon – Creators for the scene Man in the Mirror
- Travis Payne – Choreographer
- Rich and Tone Talauega – Choreographers
- Parris Goebel – Choreographer
- Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui – Choreographer
- Ivan « Flipz » Velez – Choreographer
- Olivier Simola – Choreographer
- Rob Bollinger – Acrobatic Performance Designer
- Germain Guillemot – Acrobatic Performance Designer
- Ben Potvin – Acrobatic Choreographer
- Andrea Ziegler – Acrobatic Choreographer
- Raymond St-Jean – Projections Designer
- Jimmy Lakatos – Projections Designer
- David Finn – Lighting Designer
- Jonathan Deans – Sound Designer
- Pierre Masse – Acrobatic Equipment and Rigging Designer
- Nathalie Gagné – Makeup Designer
- Brian Drader – Dramaturge
- Manon Beaudoin – Characters’ Guide
- Henry Fong – Illustrator
Preview performances for Michael Jackson ONE will begin on May 23, 2013 at Mandalay Bay.
PREVIEW PERFORMANCES SCHEDULE:
- Saturday to Wednesday at 7:00pm. There are no performances on Thursdays and Fridays.
TO RESERVE TICKETS:
- Call 877.632.7400 or 800-745-3000
- Go to https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/michael-jackson-one or mandalaybay.com
- Visit the Mandalay Bay Events Center box office or any of the MGM Resorts International box offices.
- $69, $99, $130, $140, $150, plus LIMITED Gold Circle Seating. Prices do not include tax or fees.
- Tickets are available 120 days in advance of the performance date.
Jeff Lovari – Publicist, Cirque du Soleil
- For creative team biographies, visit the Cirque du Soleil press room at: